Caleb

Caleb
The Man, the Myth, the.. consumer of wild things

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Wild Rice, the superfood of the Ojibway

Now in my last blog, I discussed the importance of wild rice in the seasonal aspect. However in this blog, I want to break down the nutrition and value you can get from Zizania/wild rice/manomiin.

But first, I suggest you watch this video, done by Daniel Vitalis and my good friend Arthur Haines!


 

The next few links are from the USDA regarding the full reports on both raw and cooked wild rice, and the nutrition you can receive from this grain, that is gluten free and has such a dense amount of beneficial nutrience!







This should really give you some good insight as to why Manomin is so valuable!

Alright, that's all for now folks. I will have a new blog out soon with some wild rice recipes!!

 Hope you enjoy my personal experiment. If you feel like joining along, let me know your results, research or anything else in the comments section. Please feel free to subscribe!

Baamaapii,

Caleb Wazhusk


No comments:

Post a Comment